There are regular people and then there are New Yorkers. You won’t realize you turned into one until your on your way to work in the morning and realize how short-tempered you are after flipping off the cab driver that almost hit you and contemplating throwing herself in front of one to get out of work that day…Or is that just me? Well, these are 10 things MOST New Yorkers do & how we act, or OVERreact. Because we can.
- Asking our friends how much they pay for rent
2. Waiting on line to binge on bagels after a night of excessive drinking
3. Cursing, like A LOT.
4. Having a very versatile wardrobe of every shade of black
5. Complaining about spending money but going out anyway
6. Instagramming every rooftop view because obviously everyone wishes they were us
7. Talking about how we can’t wait for winter during the summer
8. And then complaining how we wish it was summer
9. Blaming our lateness on public transportation even though we really just couldn’t pick out an outfit and wanted to get Starbucks before work.
10. Avoiding eye contact at all times
Overall, we’re the sweetest b*tches you’ll ever meet. Just follow the proper New Yorker etiquette and there’s a 99.9% chance we’ll spare you any eye rolls.
Xo, Broke & Bothered.